As you explore Second Life you’re bound to pick up some items along the way. Okay, who am I kidding, you’re gonna have WAY more than some. You’ll find that your inventory fills up super quick, especially if you’re visiting events or freebie areas. Second Life inventory management is something that everybody can benefit from. Whether you’ve been playing a week or a decade I can help you get that inventory under control.
I know that there is at least one of you reading this with a mental dialogue of reasons why you can’t organize your inventory. I’ve made this list just for you.
- “But Asia! I have SO many things! It’s impossible to organize this mess!”
- I promise you it’s not impossible. It’s not even hard.
- “But Asia, it’s gonna take forever!”
- If you want to do it all at once it’ll get done fast but feel very time consuming.
- If you do it little by little it gets done over time and doesn’t feel like it takes much work at all!
- “But Asiaaaaaaa! I’m afraid I’ll stop halfway through and everything will be so confusing!”
- Actually if you organize your inventory the way I do it is not confusing at all. All your old stuff will be (almost) exactly where you left it until it’s sorted.
- “But Asia I actually don’t need to organize. I can just use the search bar to find what I need.”
- That’s wonderful when you know the name of what you want. What if you’re just looking for shoes to go with your new outfit but aren’t sure what matches right? Do you know the name of every pair of shoes you have? If not you can benefit from a little organization!
The Totally Not Overwhelming Step By Step Overview
I know, I know. This has a LOT of information. You don’t have to apply every little thing, simply take these ideas and tailor your organization to your needs. Here is the basic overview with link to each section for more info.
- Start fresh.
- Create folders for your stuff.
- Sort your stuff.
- Trash or box what you don’t need.
- Enjoy the perks of having an organized inventory!